HTML Output Utility for Network Security Scans
New! Do you have a web site?
provides detailed statistics for your site, such as hits, page views, referrering pages, and search engine activity!
Hotfix Reporter is a free utility that works in conjunction with the Microsoft Network Security Hotfix Checker (HfNetChk) tool to scan your Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, or Windows XP server for missing patches.
HfNetChk scans your system for missing patches, but displays the results in a raw, plain-text, unfriendly format. Hotfix Reporter converts the HfNetChk raw output into an HTML page, complete with clickable links, making it easy to download the necessary patches from Microsoft.
After installing Hotfix Reporter (and HfNetChk), just choose the Hotfix Reporter command from your Administrative Tools menu. Hotfix Reporter will run HfNetChk, convert the results into HTML, and launch a browser to show you the results!
Both the Hotfix Reporter program and setup program are signed using Microsoft AuthentiCode technology to make sure that they haven't been tampered with.
Download Hotfix Reporter
If you don't already have the Microsoft HfNetChk tool, you should download and install it as well.
Join our mailing list!
Sign up below to be notified of future releases of Hotfix Reporter.
Hotfix Reporter has the following features:
- Converts HfNetChk output into user-friendly HTML.
- Displays Microsoft security bulletin numbers and knowledgebase article numbers as clickable links, making it easy to view the appropriate pages on the Microsoft web site.
- Adds a shortcut to the menu of your choice so that you can easily run a report at any time. The result report is immediately displayed in your browser. This is much easier than opening a command window, navigating to the HfNetChk directory, and then executing the HFNETCHK command.
- Tells you if the scan gave different results than the last time it was run, making it easy to quickly tell if any new patches have been released.
- Shows the most recent patches first.
- Lets you hide hotfixes that you want to ignore.
- Simple installation.
- It's free!
Hotfix Reporter will run on any computer supported by the Microsoft HfNetChk tool (NT, 2000, XP).