Support: Tech Notes
Tech note FS1400
How do I get tech support?
Here's the best way to find the answers to your questions:
- Read the online documentation.
- Look at the support site (as you are doing now).
- If you still need help, first edit your FlashStats configuration file. It is named FlashStats.ini for Windows and Mac, and is named FlashStats.conf for UNIX. This file is located in the same directory (folder) as the FlashStats CGI executable. Look for a line that reads:
Change it to read:
Also, add a line to the top of the configuration file that reads like this:
and save the file. Be sure to edit the correct line (it's not the line that begins with a #).
- Send email to email@example.com. Be sure to include the following information:
- Your name and phone number.
- The version of FlashStats that you are running (version number and operating system, such as "FlashStats 1.3.1 for Macintosh").
- The type and version number of the web server that you are using (eg, IIS 4).
- The name and version of the operating system running on the server (eg, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3).
- The URL that you use to call up the FlashStats Report Request Form when you want to generate statistics. This is a URL pointing to your system, usually something like http://www.domain.com/FlashStats/.
This will allow us to remotely access your system and try to debug your configuration.