Tech note FS1403
Trying to run FlashStats on WebSTAR or QuidProQuo generates the error You are not authorized to access this page.
The problem is that you have the web server's "Restrict CGI Execution to cgi-bin" option turned on. This prevents cgis from running unless you move them to a special folder (cgi-bin). The ostensible reason for this is to provide added security, but unless your Web server allows file uploads from users, it doesn't matter.
There are two ways to fix this. If you don't allow file uploads, you can turn this option off by doing this:
- Choose "Server Settings" from the Control menu.
- Click on "Security".
- Uncheck the "Restrict CGI Execution to cgi-bin" checkbox.
If you don't want to turn the option off because you're worried about security, you can do this instead:
- Create a new folder in your Web root directory named "cgi-bin" if it doesn't already exist.
- Move "FlashStats.acgi" and "FlashStats.ini" into the "cgi-bin" folder.
- Find <form action in the "default.html" file (in the FlashStats folder) and change it from this: